Friendly, outgoing and active, Rich loves “circus” games of balance and skill like juggling, slackline, and kendama. He’s a music fan and has an extensive collection of vinyl records, sometimes DJing at clubs and music festivals, and plays the guitar. Additionally, he’s a talented cook.
It’s easy for students to share in Rich’s interests, as he has brought his own circus equipment for students to try, played music, and coordinated meals at school events.
Rich aspired to become an English teacher as a teenager. He began as a volunteer at a prominent nursery school in England and taught elementary school children in Nepal for a summer. He taught English to foreigners in the UK while concurrently completing both a Certificate in TESOL and a Diploma in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), the latter course equivalent to a master’s degree in teaching English.
- British (from Bristol, England)
- Fukuoka since October 2016
- Since 2009 with experience in Nepal and the UK
- Rainbow Bridges since 2016
- Licentiate Trinity College London Diploma in TESOL (International House Bristol)
- Licentiate Trinity College London Certificate in TESOL (International House Bristol)
- Kendama, juggling, rock climbing, cycling, cooking and music (especially Dub)